December 26 2010
Pork roast in milk
Here's a delicate way to serve meat that is often mistakenly deemed fatty and heavy.
- Preparation time: 30 minutes
- Cooking time: 1 1/2 hours
- 1 kg of onions
- 1 pork roast weighing about 1 Kg well bound
- 7 dl of dry white wine
- 7 dl of whole milk
- 250 gr of mascarpone
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Brown the onions in the oil over low heat
- Turn the heat up to high and sear the pork roast on all sides
- Add the wine and, when evaporated, add the milk and bring to a boil
- Cover the meat with the mascarpone and place the pan in the oven preheated to 180° C
- Let cook for 20 minutes (set to 50° C when using a meat thermometer).
- Remove the meat from the oven, slice and return to the pan. Blend the cooking juices and pour over the meat.
- For well done meat, return the pan to the oven as desired.
- Serve hot with oven baked potatoes